i love all things greek, so this has become a favorite part of my repertoire!
[with greek shish kabobs over top]
1/2 pound orzo pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup vegetable stock
3 cups spinach
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
salt & pepper
1. bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, & cook the pasta al dente according to the package directions.
2. in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, onion, & garlic. saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. add vegetable stock & 2 cups spinach to a food processor, & pulse until smooth.
4. add the puree to the onions & garlic, & heat through.
5. remove the pan from the heat, & stir in the orzo, the remaining whole leaves of spinach, & the feta. season with salt & pepper.
serve with the greek shish kabobs!